Friday, May 23, 2008

They're watching us!


I have often mused that Venezuelans seem enamored with the United States. However their image of us seems glamorized much beyond reality. I have attributed this to movies and television. Many or most movies showing in Caracas are Hollywood products and roughly half of the cable and satellite channels feature USA movies or sitcoms with Spanish dubbed or subtitled. Even some of the local shows are knock offs of American TV shows like Wheel of Fortune and Candid Camera. Anyway this cartoon that appeared in the Caracas El Nacional Sunday magazine sort of validated my assumptions. So, we Yanks have to set a good example. They're watching us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I'm definitely not the 30% in the movies LOL...

Congratulations on the new Douglass! It's always good to have another cousin. I guess I'm way behind in the news - I had no idea you'd wandered off to Venezuela!

I would be honored if you linked to my poor little blog. I should warn you, it's about to receive a rather radical facelift. I'm going to restrict most of my political ramblings to my Rethos blog, and leave this one to much more fun stuff!

Johnny Douglass said...

Thanks for your comment Angie. Maybe I should link your Rethos instead of your blogspot if I want to direct people to your political opinion. That OK? By the way I don't have a current private E-mail for you anymore but if you wish, you can send it to me at douglass.johnny@gmail.com.